2011 Queer Youth Award Call for Nominations
Outright’s Queer Youth Awards Celebration is an opportunity to celebrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQQ) and allied youth from across the state that have made a significant impact in their communities. Youth from across Vermont are doing amazing work to help make this state a safer place for LGBTQQ youth and we want to hear about it. Please consider nominating someone today.
Please also consider nominating someone for the William J. Lippert Jr. Leadership Award. This award, named for community advocate and Vermont State Representative Bill Lippert of Hinesburg, honors Vermonter(s) of any age whose impact on the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning community is statewide and whose leadership inspires Vermont’s youth to stand up for total equality.
Deadline for submissions is Friday, September 30, 2011. Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of community members and award recipients will be notified by October 3, 2011.
All award recipients will be invited to join Outright Vermont for the 2011 Queer Youth Awards Celebration on October 15 at 7 p.m. in Burlington. We hope that you will join us for this celebration event — buy tickets here. Discounts end on Columbus Day, so don’t delay!
Mission & Criteria
The mission of Outright Vermont is to build safe, healthy, and supportive environments for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning youth (ages 13-22). Our goal is to make Vermont the safest, most supportive, and empowering state for queer youth in the United States of America. Outright’s Queer Youth Awards celebrate Vermont youth who exemplify Outright’s mission by working to build safe, healthy, and supportive environments in their own communities. You may submit as many nominations as you would like; however, please use a separate form for each nomination. If you would prefer to nominate someone via an in person interview, please contact us (details below).
- Please include the name and contact information for the nominee and for yourself.
- Provide a 1-2 page summary describing why you think your nominee has made a difference in the lives of LGBTQQ youth. Use specific examples whenever possible.
- Supplemental materials, such as photographs, video, printed materials, etc. are welcome and encouraged, and may be used the night of the event (and can be returned after).
- Submissions may be mailed to the address below; faxed to 802-861-2075, or emailed to Melissa@outrightvt.org.
- Your submission authorizes Outright Vermont to use this information, including the nominee’s name and any supplemental materials, in future organizational materials.