Spend A Week @ Camp Outright!
Camp Outright, a weeklong residential summer camp program for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Questioning youth and their Allies (LGBTQQA) ages 13-22 in South Hero, VT, is hiring volunteer staff members. Camp Outright offers LGBTQQA youth a safe space to explore identities, social justice and become their best selves with support of positive adults in a traditional summer camp environment.
A Camp Outright volunteer staff member is:
- Able to uphold the Camp Outright mission and values within the camp community.
- Dedicated to ensuring the safety, fun, growth, and well being of all campers.
- Committed to bringing out the best in both self and others.
- Knowledgeable of and responsible to outlined standards, policies and procedures.
- Consistent, patient and enthusiastic.
- Invested in advancing social justice ideals.
All Camp Outright volunteer staff must:
- Complete the application and interview process and pass a criminal background check.
- Attend a full day of staff training on either July 20th or August 9th 2013.
- Be onsite as a residential staff member at YWCA Camp Hochelaga in South Hero, VT from August 10-17, 2013.
- Be at least eighteen years of age on August 10, 2013
Camp Outright is a collaboration between Outright Vermont and YWCA Vermont.