Annual Fire Truck Pull
This year we are celebrating 10 years of pulling REAL fire trucks up the Church Street Marketplace in Burlington, VT. This hilarious annual fundraiser,will be on Saturday, September 28th, 2013 at 12pm-2pm at the second block of the Church Street Marketplace in Burlington.
Know all you need to know?
Register your team/yourself now!
Need some more info? Check out the following FAQs:
1. Watch last year’s event:
More info on fundraising & tips further in this list.
- “Best Dressed” [costumes, themes, etc.]
- “Most Funds Raised (both team and individual)”
- “Fastest Pull Time”
- and “Audience Choice” [so bring a cheering section!]
5. This is a huge public event!
We have a DJ/MC, celebrity Vermont judges, and usually a few hundred people stopping to watch you pull the truck. Be prepared to wrangle your team (among the 15+ other teams) and meet us on the second block of Church Street.
Each team gets 12 spots for pullers – and trust us, you need every single one. We recommend recruiting:
- at least one really strong “anchor” to be at the end of the rope,
- a “caller/cheerleader” to help motivate the team, count down to pull, and otherwise pump you up,
- fairly fit other teammates (this is a real fire truck) to help pull the truck (this is all ages, but you do need a certain amount of muscle to move the truck!)
7. How much money is your team supposed to raise to pull?
We ask that each team aim for $1,500 as the minimum to compete – that is less than $100 for each team member to raise.
Need some tips on how to raise money? Check out our top ten tips here.
8. How can you recruit teammates?
We recommend making a list of your friends, co-workers, and other social circles of folks who are into creative, fun, team-building kind of events. Then, write up a few reasons why YOU want to make this team happen, why you support Outright VT’s work, and why your team is going to bring home the trophies!
We created this fun little buzzfeed blog post (10 reasons you should pull the fire truck), feel free to post it on your social media or email it as part of your pitch!
10. Question not answered? Talk to a real human at our office:
If you are interested in participating, but don’t have a team (or enough people for a team), just let Melissa Murray, the Chief of the Fire Truck Pull event, know and she will get you on a team. email: melissa[at]outrightvt.org or call the Outright VT office 802-865-9677 ext. 0