Outright VT’s KeyBank City Marathon Team
Our fourth year of having a team with RunVermont to participate in the Miles for a Mission program! Miles for a Mission was created to help local organizations fundraise through the Key Bank Vermont City Marathon and Relay as well as strengthen ties between the running community and Vermont organizations.
In 2013 we raised a little over $15,000 – how much will the 2014 team raise? Do you know a runner? Learn more and track our team’s progress on our fundraising page!
This event is one of our biggest fundraisers and is vital to the organization. This year, Outright Vermont received three 2 person and six 5 person relay slots as well as three marathoners! That means we have people running 3 miles, 5 miles, 6 miles, 13 miles and 26.2 miles, all for Outright Vermont!
- our weekly Burlington queer youth social & support group, “Friday Night Group,” now going into its 23rd year;
- operating costs for the second year of CAMP OUTRIGHT, our week-long, residential, summer camp for queer youth;
- educational workshops for teachers and students on the impacts of harassment and bullying and the tools for how to disrupt harmful behavior;
- the costs associated with our annual Queer and Allied Youth Summit, one of our biggest annual events, featuring a QSA Conference, Queer Youth Pride March and Speak Out, Queer Prom, and the SleepOUT;
- and our many, many other projects and initiatives throughout the year.
We also hold a Gourmet Pre-Marathon Pasta Dinner each year – the night before the marathon – mark your calendar for Sat. May 25th. Time and location for the Past Dinner to be announced!
To sign up, please contact board member Christopher Janeway at email@example.com for more information.