The Vermont City Marathon is May 28th, 2017!
Outright VT recruits runners of all ages and abilities to run in the Vermont City Marathon as part of RunVermont’s Miles for a Mission Program. In exchange for raising funds for Outright VT, each runner receives a guaranteed slot, paid registration, a VCM and a Team Outright running shirt, and the great feeling that you are running for a cause. 2-person and 3-5 person relay teams are currently available (full marathon also an option).
Contact email@example.com to join this year’s team!
In addition to participating in the race, each runner on the Outright Marathon team is responsible for individually fundraising $350. This goes to directly support the critical work Outright Vermont is doing statewide, including:
- Our weekly Burlington queer youth social & support group, Friday Night Group, now going into its 26th year;
- Operating costs for Camp Outright, our week-long, residential, summer camp for queer youth;
- Educational workshops for teachers and students on the impacts of harassment and bullying and the tools for how to disrupt harmful behavior;
- The costs associated with our annual Queer and Allied Youth Summit, one of our biggest annual events, featuring a QSA Conference, Queer Youth Pride March and SpeakOUT, Queer Prom, and the SleepOUT;
- And our many, many other projects and initiatives throughout the year.