The Fall Gender & Sexuality Alliance (GSA) Conference happens towards the beginning of every school year to connect students and advisors from all over Vermont with one another. The conference is a great opportunity to network, build community, develop important leadership skills, and converse with one another on what it takes to make your GSA vibrant, inclusive, and effective. This event provides a space for adult advisors and student leaders to strategize in an intentional—and obvs fun!—way to ensure the coming school year is a smashing success.
Schedule of the Day, 2017
- 8:15am Registration opens
- 9:00am Welcome, Overview, & You, Oh My!
- 10:00am Regional Breakout
- 11:00am Q&A with Rebecca Holcombe
- 11:45am Lunch
- 12:30pm Afternoon Workshops — “Queer Sex Ed” or “What the FAQ?”
- 2:00pm Group Photo!
- 2:10pm Closing
- 2:30pm Bye-Bye! (or optional hangout at the park!)
- Who: GSA youth leaders and Advisors from Vermont Middle & High School Queer/Straight Alliances.
- When: October 13th
- Where: Boys & Girls Club of Burlington
More questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Please note: Space is limited to no more than 2-3 student leaders and one faculty advisor from each GSA.