The Fall Queer/Straight Alliance (QSA) Conference happens towards the beginning of every school year to connect students and advisors from all over Vermont with one another. The conference is a great opportunity to network, build community, develop important leadership skills, and converse with one another on what it takes to make your QSA vibrant, inclusive, and effective. This event provides a space for adult advisors and student leaders to strategize in an intentional—and obvs fun!—way to ensure the coming school year is a smashing success.
Schedule of the Day
- 9:15am – Registration opens
- 9:45am – Welcome, Overview & You (Oh My!)
- 10:00am – Session 1: QSAs Unite 3.0
- 11:15am – Session 2: Got LGBTQ+ Rights? School Based Action
- 12:15pm – Lunch & Regional Social Time
- 12:50pm – Group Photo!
- 1:00pm – Session 3: BreatOUT Youth Workshops/Advisors’ Session
- 1:55pm – Session 4: BreakOUT Youth Workshops/Advisors’ Session
- 2:50pm – Session 5: QSAs Take VT!
- 3.20pm – Evaluations & Announcements
- 3:30pm – Bye Bye!
- Who: QSA youth leaders and Advisors from Vermont Middle & High School Queer/Straight Alliances.
- What: The Annual Vermont Fall QSA Conference!
- Where: North End Studios, Burlington, Vermont
- When: November 3rd from 9:30am to 3:00pm! Lunch provided!
More questions? Contact Dana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Space is limited to no more than 2-3 student leaders and one faculty advisor from each QSA.