- Be a youth driven organization, that is deeply committed to youth empowerment.
- Be an organization that values thee whole person (youth or adult), for their skills, time, and contributions to our mission.
- Be an organization that creates queer community wherever we go, in all that we do.
- Be a true statewide organization by establishing programming, educational work, and a donor/volunteer family in every single county of Vermont.
- Be the go-to organization for queer youth education and support for schools and communities across the state.
- Be fiscally sustainable, to ensure Outright Vermont’s mission continues for generations to come.
Give your money, give your talents & time, and/or give your goods.
Our work is generously supported in many ways by thousands of Vermonters and supporters all over the country and world. There are a number of ways you can donate to our work – each is as valuable to us as the others:
Give your money
There is no doubt about it, financial support helps us in a big way. Whether it is sponsoring a queer youth for CAMP Outright each summer or helping us keep our queer youth space lights on in Burlington, your donation of any size really adds up.
A donation of $50 will:
A donation of $100 will:
A donation of $250 will:
A donation to Outright Vermont helps support all of our work. You can always earmark your gift, but know that general support helps us fill the gaps between grants and events.
Outright Vermont, PO Box 5235, Burlington, VT 05402
Give your talents & time
Between our many different programs, events, and organizational projects, we constantly are looking for talented people to donate their time. Find out how you can get involved by visiting the volunteer section of our website. We are excited to work with your schedule and often take on interns, one-time project volunteers, on-going and regular volunteer facilitators for our queer youth groups, and much more. We like to be creative and work with you!
Give your goods
Our queer youth space is in constant need of a variety of goods including food & donated clothing for queer youth and furniture and office supplies for the actual space. Check out our “always needed” list below & our “office wish list.”
Always Needed: Food
Always Needed: Clothing
-gently worn & seasonal clothing
-fabulous dress up accessories
OFFICE WISH LIST:
- We have a wish list of new books via local book store, Bear Pond Books, in Montpelier, VT. Check out our list, purchase one or a few for us, and they send them to us!
- New couches – yes, new ones!
- Empty, large frames (so we can frame photos!)
- Books for our Cliff Rivers Memorial Library (we do curate what goes in, so make sure to make an appointment!
- Office chairs (new if possible)
- Large conference table & chairs
- A mannequin (trust us, we have a plan)
- Cleaning supplies (natural cleaning products preferred!)
- Queer movies (DVD)
- Wii Games (we already have the Wii game unit)
- Magazine display rack
- Got something you think we might be able to use? Contact us and ask!