Outright offers free and anonymous rapid HIV testing out of our office for people 12 years of age or older, any sexual identity or any gender identity! Due to limited staffing time, Outright offers testing by appointment only.
For scheduling an appointment or to talk about testing options please call 802-865-9677.
Address for Testing: 241 North Winooski Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401. (Parking is available off-street in front of the building and in the parking lot behind the building).
Additional locations for HIV and other STI testing can be found at Get Tested Vermont.
Folks looking to get tested must not use or consume any of the following within 30 minutes of coming in for a test
- Water (or drinks of any kind)
- Food (of any kind)
- Oral care products (mouth-wash, floss, gum, toothpaste)
- Tobacco products
Frequently Asked Questions:
- I need a printout of my results for whatever reason. Do I get one?
- Can I get tested with my partner(s) or friend(s)?
- Testing multiple people at the same time is not recommended and the decision to test couples is in the hands of the test provider.
- How often should I get tested?
- Regular testing every 3-6 months is recommended if someone is sexually active or an injection-drug user. This time-frame may change based upon the various risks that an individual may be taking.
- How accurate is the test?
- Both tests are very accurate. Accuracy depends on a number of factors including “the window period”. Please ask a tester for additional information.