The Outright Awards is an annual celebration of the best in queer youth leadership, community advocates, queer and ally partners all over Vermont. The show brings together nominees from all over the state, top drag performers, local musicians, Vermont queer/ally leaders, a NOT so silent auction, and 12 spectacular awards.
Calling all businesses: We need your help! Donating to the Not-so-Silent Auction will help Outright raise much needed funds, and will signal boost your business to thousands of loyal locals. Find out more here!
Friday, April 21th 2017 at Lang Farm
Tickets Available Soon!
- Student Activist – Honors a Vermont middle or high school student who have made a positive impact in the lives of queer students in their school.
- College Student Activist – Honors a Vermont college student who has demonstrated leadership in improving the climate on their campus for queer students.
- Outstanding Volunteer – Honors a person who has given significant personal time and resources to help us achieve our mission.
- Camp Outright Volunteer – Honors a person who has gone above and beyond in creating a safe and positive experience for Camp Outright campers.
- The Lil Venner Award – Honors a family member ally – chosen or by blood – who consistently shows unconditional love and support to a queer youth in their life. The award honors Lil, Venner, the founder and long-time leader of Burlington, VT’s P-FLAG group.
- Camp Outright Camper of the Year – Honors a Camp Outright camper who helped build our community at camp.
- Youth Community Award – Honors a youth who sets the example of creating intentional safe and healthy queer youth space.
- Outstanding Educator – Honors an exceptional administrator, teacher, QSA advisor, or other school professional who has taken a stand for queer youth within their school here in Vermont.
- The Bill Lippert Award – Honors a community leader who has advocated, celebrated, and/or led a community effort to truly make Vermont better for queer youth. The award honors Bill Lippert, a long-time Vermont lawmaker and queer community leader.
- Lifetime Queer Youth Advocate – Honors a Vermonter who has fiercely kept the well-being of queer youth at the forefront of their work.
- Outstanding Alumni – Honors a former Outright Vermont youth who has gone on to become a community leader in social justice.
- Queer/Straight Alliance of the Year – Honors a Vermont QSA who has achieved significant milestones in their school in the last year.