FREE Rapid HIV Testing
Outright offers free and anonymous rapid HIV testing out of our office for people 12 years of age or older, any sexual identity or any gender identity! Outright offers testing Tuesday-Thursday, 12pm-7pm & by appointment on Mondays and Fridays.
Appointments are greatly appreciated! We always encourage calling ahead to ensure that someone is available for testing. You can contact Adam or Melissa if you have questions about the HIV Testing Program, if you want to schedule an appointment, or to see if s tester is currently available!
Address for Testing: 241 North Winooski Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401. (Parking is available off-street in front of the building and in the parking lot behind the building).
Additional locations for HIV and other STI testing can be found at Get Tested Vermont.
Folks looking to get tested must not use or consume any of the following within 30 of coming in for a test
- water (or drinks of any kind)
- food (of any kind)
- oral care products (mouth-wash, floss, gum, toothpaste)
- tobacco products
Frequently Asked Questions:
- I need a printout of my results for whatever reason. Do I get one?
- Can I get tested with my partner(s) or friend(s)?
- Testing multiple people at the same time is not recommended and the decision to test couples is in the hands of the test provider.
- How often should I get tested?
- Regular testing every 3-6 months is recommended if someone is sexually active or an injection-drug user. This time-frame may change based upon the various risks that an individual may be taking.
- How accurate is the test?
- Both tests are very accurate. Accuracy depends on a number of factors including “the window period”. Please ask a tester for additional information.